24 March 2022

Today, in anticipation of the plumbing inspector's exciting visit planned for tomorrow, I decided to make a quick run to the storage unit to stash one wicker chair and a bushel basket full of seashells (such are my irreplaceable treasures) to get them out of the way.

Unfortunately, when I got there I noticed a fine pale yellow dust covering the lock to our unit and the hallway outside it. "Huh," I said to myself, while nevertheless going about my business.

Unfortunately, when I lifted the door of our storage unit, a rain of this yellow dust fell down on me.

Unfortunately, when this happened, I looked up to see what was going on.

Unfortunately, I reflexively opened my mouth as I did so.

Unfortunately, as a consequence I got a big mouthful of pale yellow dust, which tasted quite bitter.

Unfortunately, someone had accidentally set off a fire extinguisher in our hallway and sprayed it all around. The dried residue was the pale yellow dust that was now all over the place -- including inside my mouth.

Unfortunately, that shit is toxic.

The joy of the storage place is, unfortunately, beginning to wane.