04 May 2023

Jonathan's parents have come for a visit. They arrived Monday evening.

So Monday morning, Jonathan and I went down to town to buy groceries, etc., for them. Alas, Monday was May Day and everything in town was closed. No shops opened -- not even our usual big supermarket down near the highway.

But we ran into Daniele and Alice, who own the pub up here in lovely Capriglia-by-the-Sea, down in the piazza.

"What do you need?" Daniele asked us. 

They are so incredibly kind. They just immediately and spontaneously offered us the resources in their kitchen -- whatever we needed. These are the people whom we are lucky enough to live among now. There is no way that I can ever begin to repay their kindness to us, but it would be such a joyous experience to try.

I am enjoying the second day of what is apparently going to be a three day stomach flu. I miss my Dad very much today.