09 August 2023

So yesterday, I was paying for my (obviously egregious) sins committed in a previous life by having to go to the Post Office. While I was waiting*, an elderly woman finished her business at one of the counters and as she left, she said to the room in general "Ciao, bimbi!" ("Bimbo" is Italian for "baby" and the plural of that is "bimbi," so this rather ancient woman basically said to the whole room full of the damned [i.e., people waiting their turn for customer "service" in the Post Office], "See ya, babies!")

Then this morning while I was in the Frutta D'Oro buying this lovely garlic braid and a fairly large quantity of apricots, an elderly man came in and said to the room at large, "Ciao, bimbi!" ("Hey, babies!")

So I feel fully justified in going ahead and unilaterally calling it now: this is the Hot Bimbo Summer. #Feelin'It

(*Jonathan was told that he would need to submit Form 251c in order to mail a birthday card to the US. As God is my witness, this is the truth. In the end, they didn't make him do it, but it was touch and go there for a while.)