07 June 2024

 Renata is still in Poland with her father so they are short-handed down at the pub. The last time we were in there, Alice offered me a job waiting tables. I said no, but this is the second time in my life that I have been offered a job at a bar without applying for it just because I am around so much. The last time, I got "The Drunken Spelunker's Guide to Plato" out of it. Who knows what great drunken literature would have come from working at the pub here in lovely Capriglia-by-the-Sea, but one thing is certain: I need to widen the circle of places where I hang out. (Jonathan was -- half-humorously -- offered a job by our cheese man in the Thursday market. This says something about our differences.)

I have finished my tarot deck and we are now trying to figure out a way to get it printed.

It turns out that Mimmo is not the person who killed the snakes. "I pick them up by their tails and throw them in the woods," he said. "They hiss at me when I do it." Understandable given the circumstances. Who wouldn't?

 Jonathan found a scorpion by the door to the laundry room last night. Ah, summer!